Monday, August 02, 2010

Those little hopes,
That warm my heart,
A leap of faith,
In a world seemingly dark,
An urge to make those dreams come true,
But a little scared, confused and blue.

Big philosophies and tales of success,
Overwhelm me, I must confess,
Sometimes I wonder if I have the nerve,
To rule this world, on my own terms.

I seek comfort while craving the wild,
Inside I am a lost little child?
In a crowd of faces I wish to glow,
And if you ask me How? I do not know.

Words of wisdom fall flat on my ears,
And those of critique heighten my fears,
"What do you want in life?" you ask,
I pause to answer, but my mind's a blank.

I have a thousand voices in my head,
Some yell, some soothe, some seethe, some beg,
Each goal they set for me to chase,
I run after, ambitious, unfazed

I am torn between clashing odds,
Which way to go, which river to cross,
Do I really know what's best for me?
Can I confidently boast of such clarity?

I fret, I aim, I aspire, I pray,
At times, I wish, someone would lead the way,
But I know this is my path to tread,
And I must believe if I have to succeed.

And here I go, with all my might,
To that day where choices prove right,
Cause every tussle must have a win,
Triumphant eyes and a big fat grin.

So, if this phase lasts for a while,
I know I'll keep swimming through,
And someday I'll look back and smile,
And say, "Well! Wow! Whew!"

13 comments:

Pallavi said...

khuup khuup khuup chaan.. i get it ga.. ani i am so sure u are going to look back n smile :)

Praj ~ said...

Best you've written yet..
bharie.. n barach relate karta yetay..

Unknown said...

:) super like!!

@kshaya said...

niceee.... agree with Pal..

Salil said...

ashakyaaa bhaarriii!!
literally, shabdach nahiyet kiti changala ahe te saangayala!
:-)

Vedang said...

i agree with praj

Furquan Shaikh said...

Aweeesssome one!!!

Jitesh Shah said...

brilliant!

"Cause every tussle must have a win" barobar ahe!! it does! :-)

Indrani said...

:)
i guess every person will be able to relate to this one at some point :)

Kshitij said...

What should I say that would add to this all,
You have pretty much summed the thoughts of us one and all,
But you are right when you say that this path is your's to tread and seek all the success in your sight,
I wish you all the luck and may all your decisions(well most of them atleast)turn out right...

confuzzled said...

So did you look back, smile and say, "Well! Wow! Whew!" on reading all the comments to your posts? :)

Mithila said...

I said Wow!

The Well! and Whew! have a long haul still....

ketaki said...

awesome! :)
last stanza faarach chaan ahe..
whew! :)

Powered By Blogger