Friday, July 31, 2009

Release...

Release me of these feelings,
None that I understand,
This sadness and this longing,
An emptiness that keeps haunting

Release me from the tears,
that fall free from my eyes,
Release me of this illusion,
that one day you would be mine

Release me from these pangs,
that I hide behind a smile
Release me of this hollowness,
that suddenly awakes at night

Release me of your hold,
this power you seem to have,
Release me of this notion,
that if I go, you'd be sad

Release me of that day,
when I told you how I felt,
Release me of this regret,
the blow that I've been dealt

Release me of the urge,
to tell you what I feel,
Release me of thinking,
of a dream that can't be real

Release me from this self,
Release me from this phase,
Release me from this losing battle,
that I fight everyday

3 comments:

Jitesh Shah said...

I hope the poem is addressed to yourself :)

bhaari ahe!! I can totally feel it :) nice..

confuzzled said...

1] How can you repeatedly write so well? It has deep meaning + it rhymes! :)
2] I agree @ above comment, hope it is addressed to yourself :)
3] I continue to be a fan

Indrani said...

Amen!

Very beautiful indeed... I wish I could write like you :)

you just touch a cord...

Powered By Blogger