Thursday, December 10, 2009

And I shall believe...

I'm an ardent believer of positive thinking. I believe in laughing loud.
I believe it when they say all ends well.
I believe it when they say every moment in life is worth cherishing.

I clap when the hero rescues the damsel from a cruel, disgusting looking villain. ( No, I don't believe he can save the world. I'm sensible that way).
And I believe in happily ever afters.

Hell, I'll believe any sappy-triumphant story you tell me. Be it of life, love, humanity, compassion, ambition.

And then I realize I don't live in a three hour motion picture.

I see that sometimes it's too late for all to be well.

And some moments in life are better best forgotten.

I see that heroes get sidelined by caste, creed, and money.

And a happily ever after... is like an adult version of the Santa Claus.

I see that mere resolve fails to make a heroic story. And deciding to save the world or whatever you hold in the highest esteem, doesn't happen by you saying, "Hold on, I'm coming!".

But you probably knew that already.

I, however, stubbornly refuse to give up my right of clapping, cheering, and saying, "Ha! I told you so!".. because you see...

Even if it's lie...
Say it will be alright...
And I shall believe....

3 comments:

Jitesh Shah said...

Believing something and compromising on it in real life doesn't really sound like a very positive way of thinking to me!

Truth be spoken, its never to late for all to be well. It just a matter of when YOU give up! There's always a way out, you just have to find it. Question is, do you really want to?

There are heroes in real-life too. Probably not as dramatic as the reel life, but there are. Its just a matter of recognizing them.

And a mere resolve certainly makes a heroic story! Probably not a successful one, but a heroic one for sure!

Point is, never say "but this doesn't happen in real life..." because it just means you don't try hard enough :-)

(PS: This is based on my understanding on the post which might be horribly incorrect. Please bear)

Vedang said...

it's well written, but i don't know whether to comment on it one way or the other...

Mithila said...

Jitesh,

I beg to differ. Not every story in life has a good ending. And not every story has a way out. And not everyone who has aims of being heroic ends up fulfilling those.And sometimes it IS too late for all to be well. That's why the word compromise exists. That's why a call to express humanity exists. Our world is far from idealistic and hardly perfect.

I can't debate using points from this post, because I didn't write it with so much thought. Call it a brain dump if you will.

But in response to your comment, what I wanted to say is, even with the glaring disparity between reel and real life, and the fact that a reel showcases a lifetime within mere 3 hours, I deep down still chose to believe that 3 hour figment of life representation. Inspite of being unable to see it happen actually. Or maybe because of it.

Because I don't know otherwise.

Again, if you find the reply lacking ground, it probably does.

Thanks for reading though, nice to post a paragraph as a response, albeit it lacking the necessary pump.

@Vedang: Try. :D

Powered By Blogger