Saturday, October 17, 2009

Unwritten...

I am unwritten....
Can't read my mind...
I'm undefined...

I'm just beginning...
The pen's in my hand...
Ending unplanned...

Staring at the blank page before you...
Open up the dirty window...
Let the sun illuminate the words...
That you can not find...

Reaching for something in the distance...
So close, you can almost taste it...
Release your inhibitions...

It is simply brilliant how some words can reach right into your heart, mind, or whatever that little something is that defines you, and touch you to the extent of giving you goosebumps.

Whenever I listen to this song, I imagine myself flying freely, unbound, and light as a feather.

High over the hustles of daily life, of inhuman expectations, of gigantic ambitions, that float as a cloud in my mind.

Way over the fear of failure, of loss, of unrequited love, of if and buts.

Somewhere, where reasons are not needed because everything falls into its nice little niche.

Feel the rain on your skin...
No one else can feel it for you...
Only you can let it in...
No one else..


It allows me to feel uninhibited, even when things are askew.

It makes me feel like dancing, makes me forget what happened yesterday, day before, last week, last month, last year.

It stops me from wondering about what might happen tomorrow, and how it could change things for me.

It allows me to savour that moment, that transient moment, moments, minute, time.

It speaks to me.
It boosts me.
And it puts a big fat smile on my face, raring to go laugh at the world, for the little jokes it plays.

It overwhelms me with an intangible feeling of confidence, of self respect, of power.

Of worth.

No one else..
can speak the words on your lips..
Drench yourself in words unspoken..
Live your life with arms wide open..

Today is..
where your books begins...

The rest is still unwritten...

And I keep writing...


*Unwritten is a song by Natasha Bedingfield.

3 comments:

Vedang said...

send the song! mail ASAP! I have never heard it!

Indrani said...

nice... very long but nice :)... i thought u had written it :)

confuzzled said...

I agree with Indrani... become a lyricist - find a band looking for meaning to their good music!

Powered By Blogger